Fingerhut is undoubtedly the single most recognizable catalog retailer in the country! Who hasn’t gotten a dozen of their catalogs this year alone? But, did you also know that Fingerhut is also one of the easiest ways to build (or rebuild) your credit? That’s right, Fingerhut is one of the few companies that will actually give you the opportunity to get a fresh start on your credit. And, even though it’s mentioned in their offer that a Fingerhut account will actually help you to build your credit, do you know how having a Fingerhut account actually works with you to rebuild your credit?
Now, let’s talk about the ways that Fingerhut helps you to build credit that aren’t advertised:
- Making your payments on time, every time, typically improves your credit score! Fingerhut regularly reports the status of your account to at least one of the three major credit bureaus. This status includes the balance due on your account and if your payments are made in a timely manner, which is one of the most important parts of your credit score!
- The amount of available credit that you have can significantly improve your credit score! Fingerhut regularly reviews your account to see if you are making your payments in a timely manner, how much you’ve paid, etc., and if your account is in good standing, they may offer you a credit line increase of a couple hundred to even several hundred dollars! That’s right, it’s been my experience that Fingerhut will significantly raise your credit limit the more that you use the account to purchase items and as long as you make regular, timely payments.
- Competitive Interest Rates! Fingerhut offers an interest rate on purchases that is often equal to, or even lower than, other store/catalog sites and even many credit cards. Especially if your credit is less than perfect, you are likely paying as much as 33% and even as high as 39% interest on some credit cards – a typical Fingerhut account will be in the mid to slightly up 20’s when it comes to your interest rate.
- No Annual or Monthly Fees! Fingerhut does not charge a monthly or even an annual fee simply for having an account through WebBank. Compare this with other store/catalog sites and most credit cards and you’ll see just what a benefit this is!
- Fingerhut offers brand name merchandise at reasonably competitive prices. Yes, you may sometimes pay a little more than you would at your local big box or discount department store, but you will also find that you will oftentimes pay less than at other catalog/store sites, and even at some of your local retailers. Ordering is fast, easy, and your order is shipped promptly… right to your door!
And finally, why do you really need a Fingerhut Credit Account issued by WebBank ?
PURCHASING ABILITY! Too many times, people who have suffered through a bankruptcy, divorce, job loss, or other economic setback find that they can’t buy anything unless they have the cash to pay for it up front, and as much as we’d like to, we can’t always do that. Think about all of the times that you might need credit… Christmas, birthdays, graduation, the start of a new school year, moving to a new home or apartment… the list goes on and on. With a Fingerhut account, you’re able to purchase the things you want or need when you need them the most. (And the best part is, you’ll be improving your credit when you do.)