If you’re like most people, you’re already wondering how you’ll ever afford to buy Christmas gifts this year! Unfortunately, Christmas is one of the most stressful times of year simply because it costs so much money and most of us just don’t have that kind of extra cash to spend.
Gift giving is just one of the many reasons why opening a Fingerhut credit account can be a real lifesaver when it comes to Christmas shopping and, unlike most credit cards, you won’t have to worry about the balance when you get the first bill.
Why? One of the things you’ll love about shopping at Fingerhut is that not only will you see the full purchase price of the item, but you will also see the monthly minimum payment amount that you’ll need to make when you order.
For example, if you were to order a video game console, then you would see the full purchase price AND the monthly payment amount. I’ve ordered a couple of things this way, and it works out really well for me.
Essentially, this gives you two ways to shop – you can pay off the entire bill at once OR you can do your Christmas shopping now, all the while knowing in advance what you’re spending and how much the monthly payment will be when you get the bill. (No January surprises!!)
The other thing that you will really like about Fingerhut is this – they have lots of NO INTEREST deals throughout the year, so if there’s a larger purchase that you want to make you can order it during one of these promotions, pay it off before the expiration of the NO INTEREST deal, and save money.
Not sure you’d be approved if you applied?
Not only are the majority of people who apply for a Fingerhut Credit Account issued by WebBank instantly approved, but Fingerhut even has a “Fresh Start” program that can help you get your credit score back on track!
The Fingerhut Fresh Start Program works like this:
- Start by filling out a credit application to open an account (most people start out with $250.00 credit).
- Shop online and make a purchase between $50.00 and your total credit limit.
- Make your first payment of $30.00 when the order is placed. Once the payment is cleared, your order ships.
- Make 6-8 regular payments (on time) and pay off the purchase. (This is why we’re talking Christmas in July – there’s still time to get your credit set for this Christmas!)
- When the balance is paid off, your account is converted to a revolving Fingerhut charge account, which means you’re eligible for credit line increases, and you can take advantage of the full line of buying options for every purchase you make, including deferred payment plans, low monthly payments, and a very reasonable monthly APR.
The best part is – Fingerhut reports your regular payments AND your credit line to major credit bureaus. This helps your credit in two different ways:
1. You build a history of regular payments with Fingerhut.
2. They report your “available credit” thereby showing or increasing the amount of credit shown as “available” on your credit report. (This decreases your credit utilization if you’re not using the full amount available to you.)
Think Fingerhut might be the way for you to improve your credit?