Christmas in July? No, this isn’t one of those sales gimmicks, either…this is a legitimate way to start planning how you’re going to pay for this year’s Christmas gifts!
If you’re like most people, you don’t have a lot of extra money during the year to put back for Christmas gifts…besides, it’s so far off, right? Wrong. Christmas is actually only five months away, and now is the time to start planning this year’s budget.
Well, here’s an idea for you – especially if your credit is a little tarnished. Why not start rebuilding your credit today with the Fingerhut FreshStart Program so that you may actually be able to shop this December?
How’s that going to work? Well… actually it may be easier than you think. With Fingerhut’s FreshStart Program, you can get up to $250.00 credit now, and once you pay the initial purchase off, the account is converted to a revolving charge account… just in time for the Holidays! Want to know more?
What is the Fingerhut FreshStart Program?
Essentially, the Fingerhut FreshStart Program was set up specifically for people who often can’t get credit any other way.
How do you enroll in the FreshStart Program?
It’s pretty simple:
- Start by filling out a brief credit application, and once you’re approved, open an account (most people get approved and usually start out with $250.00 credit).
- Shop their online store and charge something between $50.00 and the total amount of credit available to you.
- Make a one time “down payment” of $30.00 when you place your order. Once your $30.00 payment is cleared, Fingerhut ships your order.
- Then, you simply make 6-8 regular payments (on time) until you pay off the purchase.
- Once the original purchse is paid off, your account is then converted to a revolving Fingerhut charge account. This means you’re eligible for credit line increases, and you can take advantage of the full line of buying options for every purchase you make (including deferred payment plans, low monthly payments, and a very reasonable monthly APR).
Even better, Fingerhut reports these regular payments AND your initial (and increasing) credit line to major credit bureaus. This actually helps you build your credit by:
1. Reporting a history of regular payments with Fingerhut.
2. They report your “available credit” thereby showing or increasing the amount of credit shown as “available” on your credit report. (This decreases your credit utilization if you’re not using the full amount available to you.)